Add Email » Add Email through Zoho Mail
Want to add email to your custom domain through Zoho Mail? This page explains how to do it. Currently Zoho Mail “Lite” is free for up to three email accounts, and does not require signing up with a credit card. You can sign up here.
You can find directions for other email providers on our main Add Email page.
- Set up your account with Zoho Mail
- Zoho will send you an email message to confirm your new account; after you click the confirmation link and sign in, you’ll see a screen like this:
- Click the Validate link.
- On the next screen, you’ll be presented with a unique code for your domain beginning with the letters zb… Highlight and copy this code.
- Keep the Zoho web page open, and also open your WordPress.com site dashboard in another browser window or tab
- Go to Store -> Domains in your WordPress.com dashboard
- Click on the link Edit DNS
- In the large blank area, enter CNAME followed by a space, and then paste in the code beginning with zb… that you copied in step 4 above.
- Add another space, and then enter domain.zoho.com. It should look like this example (but with your own unique code that begins with zb):
- CNAME zb******** domain.zoho.com.
- Next, copy the lines below and paste them into the same box where you entered the CNAME:
- MX 10 mx.zohomail.com.
- MX 20 mx2.zohomail.com.
- Your custom DNS records should look like the example below:
- Click the Save DNS Records button
- Wait about 10-15 minutes, then return to the Zoho page
- Next to the dropdown for Choose Your Domain Provider, select Others
- Scroll to the bottom of the page and click the Verify button
- If you get a message that the domain can’t be verified and that you should try the HTML method instead, it just means you haven’t waited long enough. You’ll have to click the “Try HTML Method” button in order to close the error, but this method won’t work. So just wait a few more minutes and then click the link for CNAME method again. That will take you back to the screen with the Verify button. Wait another 10 – 15 minutes and then try that button again.
- After verification is successful, your email will begin working in a few hours.