- Can I reply to comment notification emails?
- Can I reply to likes or follow notification emails?
- What if the emails are not getting through?
There are two main types of email notifications that you’ll receive from WordPress.com. You may want to designate a different email addresses for each of these.
The email address you used when registering your WordPress.com account is listed in:
- the Settings tab on the WordPress.com home page, or
- Users -> Personal Settings in your dashboard
Administrative and account notifications are sent to this address, for purposes including:
- Forgotten password
- Updates from blogs you follow
- New blog activation
- Paid upgrades
The email address listed in Settings -> General in your dashboard is used for blog activity notifications, for purposes including:
- Comments posted on your blog1
- Comments held for moderation
- Likes received on your posts1
- New blog followers from WordPress.com users2
1 notifications on a multi-user blog will be sent to the post author
2 if a new follower is logged out of WordPress.com, an email notification will not be sent to the blog admin email address
You can change your activity notification preferences on the Settings -> Discussion page.
If you want to receive a notification every time someone leaves a response on a post you’ve commented on, you can follow the comments on that post.
Can I reply to comment notification emails?
If you turn on the comment reply by email feature on the Settings -> Discussion page, you can reply directly to comments from the email notification messages. Make sure to include the quoted comment message or use the !END delimiter when you reply to comments by email.
See the Comment Reply via Email help page for more details.
Can I reply to likes or follow notification emails?
No. Anything that comes from the email address email@example.com should not be replied to.
What if the emails are not getting through?
If you’re not receiving notification emails:
- First check to make sure you are the author on the post where the comments are getting added.
- Check the Settings -> Discussion page to make sure email notifications are turned on.
- Check the spam/junk folder in your email program to make sure the messages weren’t filed there by mistake.
If you are still having trouble, contact support for help and please include an example of a post URL where you expected to receive a comment or other notification.