At WordPress.com, you can build the site of your dreams in no time.
- Publicize - Automatically share your work with social networks, like Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and LinkedIn
- Stats - Learn more about your readers, where they’re from, and how they found you
- Reader - Read posts from all the blogs you follow, and discover new ones
We also offer premium features like:
- Domain Mapping and Registration - Make your site available at MySite.com
- Custom Design - Customize your site’s appearance with CSS, unique fonts, and color palettes
- Premium Themes - A collection of beautiful themes featuring intricate designs, plenty of customization options, and exclusive support
WordPress.com is an excellent choice for most people looking to build an awesome website or blog. And whether you’re searching the forums, reading our support docs, or chatting with a Happiness Engineer, you can always find a helping hand.
However, if you want to run ads or upload plugins and custom themes, you’ll want to use a self-hosted installation of WordPress. Check out some more details about how WordPress.com and self-hosted installations of WordPress differ.
Signing up and the basics
To get started with an account just head over to our sign up page and register. You’ll need to choose a username and blog name that is not already use.
Once you sign up, you can head into your site’s Dashboard. You’ll likely want to change the default “Just Another WordPress.com Site” tagline and possibly your new site’s title. If you’re looking to set up your site as a website, rather than as a blog, we have some details that will help you get started.
You can also take a look at the privacy options for your site to make sure you have it set up how you want. Now that you’ve set up the basics of your site you can get blogging!