Google Maps offers powerful, user-friendly mapping technology and local business information — including business locations, contact information, and driving directions.
Embedding a Google Map
You can embed a Google Map into your WordPress.com blog using the following instructions.
- Visit Google Maps.
- Type in any street address or geographic location and click the search button.
- Once your map is fully loaded, click on the Link button found in the top left corner of your browser window.
- A popup will appear, as illustrated below.
- Place your mouse cursor in the second text box titled Paste HTML to embed in website. The code will begin with
<iframe. Copy the code.
- In your WordPress.com dashboard, go to Posts → Add New or Pages → Add New (or open an existing post/page in editing mode). Paste the code directly into your post or page.
- Click Save Draft, Update, or Publish depending on the status of your post or page. You will notice that the code has changed. WordPress has converted the HTML code into the working shortcode.
Here is an example of what the embedded map will look like.
- When adding Google Maps to your WordPress.com blog, do NOT manually open the shortcode as you normally do with other services (i.e. do not begin typing the shortcode and then paste the Maps code). This will not work.
- If your code isn’t working, try using a physical address. Addresses created with longitude and latitude coordinates rather than a physical address may not give you a workable code.
- You can insert multiple maps into a single post or page.
- To change the dimension of the map, click Customize and preview embedded map during step 4 above. Use the iframe code given at the end of the popup page.