Images » Flickr Photos
Flickr is a web-based photo management application which allows users to upload, organize, and share their favorite photos. It takes care of your image resizing, allows you to tag your photos, and even enables visitors to submit notes and comments on each photo. What’s more, with just a few clicks, you can post a photo from your Flickr account onto your WordPress.com blog.
Setting up Flickr
- Sign up for a free Flickr account over on
- After logging in, hover over your avatar in the top, right-hand corner and click on Settings:
- Next click the Sharing & Extending tab, and then click on More Sites to reveal the WordPress option:
- Enter the API Endpoint: http://yourblogname.wordpress.com/xmlrpc.php, along with your WordPress.com username and password. Then click the Next button.
- You’re all set, time to start blogging.
Blogging Your Photos
When you want to blog a photo, click on a photo from your photostream and look for the Share button right below it. This will cause a pop up to appear where you can then select your blog from the list.
Complete the post information, including the title (by default, this will be the image’s name) and content and then click Post.
Now you can view your blog to see your latest post, which you created without ever logging into your WordPress.com dashboard!
In addition to blogging your photos directly to your WordPress.com blog we also have a Flickr widget that makes it easy to show thumbnails of your latest Flickr photos in your sidebar.
For more information on setting up the Flickr widget please visit this support doc.
If you are having trouble getting your blog connected to Flickr you may want to take a look at the Flickr Blogging Help page.