Posts » Post Formats
If you have a theme that supports post formats, you can spice up your blog’s front page by making the different types of content you share visually distinct from one another, like this:
The type of post formats you can choose from depend on the theme that you have activated. To see what post formats your theme supports, go to Posts -> Add New in the dashboard and look for the Format module on the right:
To see what the different formats look like with your theme, add some content to the editor, select a post format, and click Preview.
Here’s a list of all the post formats that are available across different themes:
- Standard – Your normal, average, everyday blog post. This is the default styling for your theme.
- Gallery – Usually will show a thumbnail from the blog post, as well as an excerpt of what the gallery is about.
- Aside – These are brief snippets of text that aren’t quite whole blog posts. Useful for quick thoughts and anecdotes
- Image — These posts highlight your images
- Status — Short updates about what you’re doing right now.
- Quote — These posts highlight your blockquoted text in a bolder way than standard posts do
- Video — Just like Image posts these posts highlight your videos
- Audio — Just like Image and Video these posts highlight your Audio attachments
- Chat – These posts highlight snippets of memorable conversations you have with friends, both online and offline.
You can also select a post format when you create a post with the New Post button that appears at the top of the screen while you’re logged in:
This editor supports the standard, photo, video, quote, and link post formats: