Report Mature or Spam Blogs
We pride ourselves in keeping WordPress.com nice and tidy – a clean place for you to blog. If you find a blog that is in direct violation of our Terms of Service, we want you to let us know about it. If you are the owner of a blog that is in direct violation of our Terms of Service, shame on you. Whatever category you fall under, please make sure to respect all of our Terms, as you did agree to them when you signed up.
Our official Terms of Service can be found here. Read it, know it, love it.
Reporting a WordPress.com blog
If you are logged in to a WordPress.com account and stumble upon a blog you would like to report, simply move your mouse over the blog menu on the far left of the admin bar, and you will see Report this content which will allow you to send us a report for:
- content that is spam
- adult content not suitable for general audiences
- abusive content
- content that promotes self–harm/suicide
- content that infringes your copyright
Please understand that we do not always respond to these reports, but every single one is read (yes, by a real live human being), and the reported site is reviewed accordingly. Here are some things to keep in mind when reporting a blog:
- Blogs with legal adult content are not removed, so please do not report these as spam or expect us to suspend them. They are flagged as Mature so that they become less visible to general audiences throughout WordPress.com by being excluded from Top Blogs, Recent Posts and Global Tag Listings.
- Blogs with spam or illegal content are removed.
- Do not use these reporting functions to let us know that a blog is reproducing your material in an unauthorized manner; for this, you will need to file a formal DMCA notice by following the instructions found here: http://automattic.com/dmca.
- Please be aware that WordPress.com has a vast audience spread across many cultures, countries and backgrounds with varying values. We do take all views and reports seriously, but you must understand that reporting a blog will not always result in it being removed. The right to free speech and opinion is always respected, and we will not remove content simply because you may find it offensive or disturbing. If a blog is publishing offensive content with which you do not agree, we recommend starting a blog and speak your own mind on the subject. You will be granted the same rights.
If you would like to report abuse on our service, please review http://en.wordpress.com/abuse/ – do not use the Report this content function.
Types of Blogs
Before you report a blog (and before you even create one yourself), you should be fully aware of the types of blogs that are and are not allowed here at WordPress.com.
For the rundown, please review http://wordpress.com/types-of-blogs/. If you require any clarification (or are generally unsure whether or not a specific type of content is allowed), please feel free to contact our support staff.