Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent messages. People write short updates, often called “Tweets” of 140 characters or fewer. These messages are posted to your profile, sent to your followers, and are searchable on Twitter search.
There are several ways to integrate Twitter into your WordPress.com blog.
- Tweet new blog posts automatically to your Twitter account using the Publicize feature.
- Reproduce individual tweets in blog posts and comments using Twitter Embeds.
Photo Blogging 101: Build your photographic following. wp.me/pf2B5-2Ng—
WordPress.com (@wordpressdotcom) May 21, 2012
- Display your latest tweets in your blog’s sidebar using the Twitter Widget.
- Add a Twitter sharing button to the bottom of your posts or pages with our sharing feature.
- Attract more Twitter followers by adding a Follow Button to posts, pages, or a text widget.