Unwanted Comments and Comment Spam
There are many ways to protect your WordPress.com blogs from unwanted comments:
- WordPress.com blogs are protected by the Akismet comment spam filter.
- You can control whether comments are automatically approved or if they need to be reviewed before they are published.
- You can add rules for comment moderation to control which comments get marked as pending.
- You can add rules to the comment blacklist section to automatically mark some comments as spam.
- If you turn on email notifications, then you can watch those messages for spam and delete them quickly if you find any that get through the comment spam filter.