Widgets » Links Widget
The Links Widget displays a list of links (also known as a blogroll) in your sidebar. If you want to share your favorite blogs or websites with your readers, this is the widget for you.
To use this feature, you first need to create a blogroll.
Here’s an example of what it looks like:
Once you add the widget to your sidebar from Appearance → Widgets, you’ll see that the widget settings look like this:
- Link category: The first dropdown allows you to select which of your links to display. You can choose All Links from all categories, or just links in a specific link category. If you want to display links from multiple categories you can add multiple link widgets, and display a different link category in each one.
- Sort by: When displaying the list of links you can sort by Link title, Rating, Link ID, or Randomly. Choosing Link title will sort your links alphabetically. If you select Link rating, you take control over the ordering. You will need to set the rating option for each link. Sorting by Link IDs will display the links in the order in which they were created.
- Show link image: Displays the image specified by the image address in your links.
- Show link name: Displays the name specified in your links.
- Show link description: Displays the description specified in your links.
- Show link rating: Displays the rating specified in your links.
Note: These settings refer to the information entered when adding a link.
- Links to show: How many of the links you would like the widget to display. To display all your links, just leave the box empty.
Note: If some links are not showing up in the links widget, make sure you’ve assigned a category to each link.
Why doesn’t my Links widget doesn’t have all the options mentioned above?
The following themes do have a Links Widget, but they do not have options such as sorting or choosing which link details to show:
- Chaos Theory