Microsoft OneDrive Word Web App
You can embed an Word document that you have stored on Microsoft OneDrive. After you complete these steps, your word document will appear on your post or page.
Note: On February 21, 2014, Microsoft changed the name of their service from SkyDrive to OneDrive. If you have any previously embedded SkyDrive documents, they will continue to work. For new embeds, please use the instructions here.
Embedding a Word document
- Visit the Microsoft OneDrive site, and open a Word document you’d like to embed into your blog.
- Click on the File menu item and select Share > Embed.
- Click on the blue “Generate” button to generate the embed code
- Copy the embed code at the bottom of the screen. You can also edit the dimensions of your embed on the right side as seen in the image below.
- Create or edit a page or post, and paste the embed code into the Text editor.
- Once you update your page or post, the iframe code will be automatically converted into a shortcode.
- After you publish your page or post, your embedded Word document will look something like this.
If you need assistance with creating or managing your Word documents on Microsoft OneDrive, please visit the Microsoft OneDrive Web App help page.