Write a Book
A blog is, essentially, a reverse chronological publishing tool. There are ways to use a blog to post long-form pieces in chapters, however, though it will require a bit of work.
Following these steps will produce chapters, and a front page with links to each chapter.
- Create a new page from Pages → Add New called Index.
- Create a new page from Pages → Add New called Chapters.
- Go to Settings → Reading. Under Front page displays, choose A static page. Set Index as the Front page. Set Chapters as the Posts page.
- Create a new post from Posts → Add New – this will be your Chapter 1. Publish it. Copy the URL of the new post.
- Edit the Index page, and create a link to Chapter 1. Note: If you do not mind the chapters appearing in descending order on your Index page, you can use the Archives Shortcode to painlessly create a chapter index.
- Repeat steps 4 and 5 for each chapter of your book.
Recent Posts, Recent Comments, and Archives widgets could potentially break the flow of your book. You may want to remove them.
Note: You can also use Pages for your chapters instead of posts.
What should your book be about? We can’t say, but killer robots and three-toed sloths are pretty cool.