Add Email through Network Solutions email hosting
Want to add email to your custom domain through Network Solutions? This page explains how to do it. You can find directions for other email providers on our main Add Email page.
- Set up your account with Network Solutions.
- Contact Network Solutions and verify your DNS settings for your domain. Let them know you will be pointing the name servers outside of Network Solutions. The ones provided below will work in many cases but not all.
- Go to My Domains and click on Edit for the relevant domain.
- Select Edit DNS.
- Enter an MX record by choosing MX from the dropdown menu, leave the first box blank, then paste in the record below, and set a priority of 10. Click Add. (You’ll need to replace yourgroovydomain.com with your own domain name.)
MX handled by inbound.yourgroovydomain.com.netsolmail.net with priority 10
- Enter two CNAME records (one at a time) by choosing CNAME from the dropdown menu. Once finished, click Add. (You’ll need to replace yourgroovydomain.com with your own domain name.)
CNAME mail alias of mail.yourgroovydomain.com.netsolmail.net
CNAME smpt alias smtp.yourgroovydomain.com.netsolmail.net
- Click the Save Changes button.
Your email will begin working in a few hours.