Change Name Servers »Point a WordPress.com Domain to GoDaddy
This guide explains how to point a domain registered with WordPress.com to a site hosted by GoDaddy.
4) On the Add Domain window:
- Select Enter a domain or subdomain.
- Enter the domain you registered on WordPress.com.
- Make a note of the A record address provided by GoDaddy. You will need it to configure your DNS settings on WordPress.com.
- Check the box that says Make this the primary domain for your account.
- Finally, click Add.
5) On WordPress.com, go to the Manage Domains page.
6) Make sure the domain is your primary domain, then click on your domain.
7) Select Edit Name Servers & DNS.
8) Click DNS Records
9) Click on the blue Add New DNS Record button.
10) Under the Points to field, add the IP address GoDaddy provided in Step 4.
11) Click on the blue Add New DNS Record button.
12) If you specified on GoDaddy that you want to use “www” for your domain, you’ll also need to add a CNAME record that points to your domain. Repeat steps 9-11 with the following settings in step 10:
- Select a Type of CNAME.
- Type www in the Name field.
- Type your domain in the Alias of field.
That’s it! You’ll see your domain pointing to your GoDaddy-hosted website within a few hours