Create a Blog or Website
Whether you’re starting your first blog, or a professional site, or looking to add a new site to your existing account, registering is easy!
Signing Up for Your First WordPress.com site
To sign up for your first WordPress.com site, simply fill out the signup form.
Your site address can include lowercase letters (a-z) and numbers.
Adding a New Site or Blog to an Existing Account
- Log in to your account (if you are not already logged in).
- Point your browser to https://wordpress.com/start to register your new site.
- Log in by clicking/tapping on the Login button on the http://wordpress.com page.
- Select the My Sites tab.
- Open the site selector by clicking on Switch Site at the top of the sidebar.
(Note: Skip this step if your account currently has only one site.)
- Click or tap on Add New WordPress at the bottom of the sidebar.
Deleted Site Names/URLs
A WordPress.com site owner can choose, at any time, to permanently delete their site. There are any number of reasons someone may want to do this, and we certainly respect their wishes and decisions.
Sites that have been deleted by the owner will remain deleted. We cannot, under any circumstances, allow someone to take over a site name that was previously owned and deleted by its original/previous owner. Please do not submit support requests asking us to do this.
Reserved Site Names/URLs
When a WordPress.com user signs up for an account we reserve the URL of their username. So if they signed up for the username of exampleuser we would reserve exampleuser.wordpress.com for them. There is nothing we can do to unreserve it and you will need to choose a different name.
Your WordPress.com site’s URL can be edited later, while the custom domain you have purchased can not be edited later.