When a WordPress.com site owner passes away we like to help the family or estate determine what happens with their loved one’s WordPress.com site.
To notify WordPress.com about a deceased user, please email passwordhelp @ wordpress.com and include the user name or e-mail address for the account (if known), the URL/site address, a brief explanation of the situation, and the desired action for the site (making it private or transferring it to another owner) in your message.
If you would like to transfer ownership to another account please attach the following:
- A copy of the deceased user’s death certificate.
- A power of attorney or legal document stating their authority to act on behalf of the deceased, or a signed,notarized statement including:
- Their first and last name
- Their current contact information
- Their email address
- Their relationship to the deceased user
- The action they’re requesting (e.g., “Please deactivate the account.”)