The email address you used when registering your WordPress.com account is listed on your Account Settings page, and under Users → Personal Settings in your dashboard. Notifications from WordPress.com will be sent to that email address.
Account notifications sent to this address will include:
- Forgotten password assistance
- Updates from blogs you follow
- New blog activation
- Paid upgrades
You will also receive notifications about activity on your blog(s), for example:
- Likes received on your posts1
- Comments posted on your blog1
- Comments held for moderation
- New blog Follows from WordPress.com users2
1 Notifications on a multi-user blog will be sent to the post author
2 If a new follower is logged out of WordPress.com, an email notification will not be sent to the blog admin email address
You can change your activity notification preferences on the Settings → Discussion page.
If you want to receive a notification every time someone leaves a response on a post you’ve commented on, you can follow the comments on that post.
Can I reply to comment notification emails?
Yes. Comment Reply Via Email allows you to send a reply to a comment directly from the comment notification email.
Can I reply to likes or follow notification emails?
No. You cannot reply to any email that comes from firstname.lastname@example.org/.
What if the emails are not getting through?
If you’re not receiving notification emails:
- First check to make sure you are the author of the post.
- Check the Settings → Discussion page to make sure email notifications are activiated
- Check the spam/junk folder in your email program to make sure the messages were not filed there by mistake.
If you are still having trouble, contact support for help. Please include an example of a post URL where you expected to receive a comment or other notification.
If you’re using Gmail, please check our troubleshooting guide as well.