Notifications from WordPress.com will be sent to the email address registered to your WordPress.com account.
Account notifications sent to this address include:
- Forgotten password assistance
- Updates from blogs you Follow
- Receipts and notifications for WordPress.com upgrades
You will also receive notifications about activity on your blogs, such as:
- Likes and comments on your posts
- Comments held for moderation
- New followers for your blogs
You can change your activity notification preferences on the Notifications Settings page.
If you want to receive a notification every time someone leaves a response on a post you’ve commented on, you can follow the comments on that post.
Can I reply to comment notification emails?
Yes. Comment Reply Via Email allows you to send a reply to a comment directly from the comment notification email.
Can I reply to likes or follow notification emails?
No. You cannot reply to any emails that come from firstname.lastname@example.org.
What if the emails are not getting through?
If you’re not receiving notification emails:
- First check to make sure you are the author of the post.
- Check the Discussion Settings page to make sure email notifications are activated.
- Check the Notifications page to be sure you haven’t blocked all emails from WordPress.com.
- Check the spam folder in your email program to make sure the messages were not sent there by mistake.
If you are still having trouble, please contact Support for help and include an example of a post URL where you expected to receive a comment or other notification.
If you’re using Gmail, please check out our Gmail troubleshooting guide.