Eventbrite is the world’s premier event hosting platform, allowing users to manage ticketing and more from a convenient online dashboard. In just a few easy steps, your events can be displayed right in your WordPress.com site!
- Go to the Sharing tab on WordPress.com, select your site, and click the Connect button next to the Eventbrite option.
- A window will open up prompting you to log in to eventbrite.com.
- Once logged in, you’ll be asked to authenticate WordPress.com with your Eventbrite account, by pressing the big green “Allow” button.
- After a moment, you will see a green message at the top of the Sharing screen saying “The Eventbrite account was successfully connected.” Great!
- From WP Admin → Pages, choose a page to display your Eventbrite events (or create a new one). Assign the Eventbrite Events page template to it.
- That’s it! Your events will now display on that page, with the same design as your blog posts.
Note: Currently, the page template can only be set from WP Admin; support for the new editor is coming soon. You can get to WP Admin by adding /wp-admin to the end of your site’s url (e.g.: example.wordpress.com/wp-admin)
By clicking on the title or event logo, users can see more details about your event, as if they’re going to the single view of a post. Clicking on the Details link again will take users straight to the eventbrite.com page for your event.
Venues and Organizers
Do you have multiple venues or organizers on your Eventbrite account? Events can now be filtered by venue or organizer, acting just like categories or tags for your posts.
- Events can currently be added only to pages at the root of your site (like yourgroovysite.wordpress.com/events), not child pages (like yourgroovysite.wordpress.com/stuff/events).
- Only public, live events will be displayed on your Eventbrite page. If events are over, or marked private, they will not be shown.
- Only one Eventbrite account can be active per WordPress.com site. If you only have one Eventbrite account, you can connect it to as many WordPress.com sites as you like.
- For users with multiple Eventbrite accounts, you can connect them to your WordPress.com sites individually, but please note that if you’re having trouble connecting an Eventbrite account that is being used across multiple sites, it’s best to disconnect that Eventbrite account from all sites first and then reconnecting.
- It could take a few minutes (up to 10 minutes) for new events to appear on your WordPress.com page.
While Eventbrite events can be displayed with any theme, the following themes have been optimized to make events really shine. If your feel your favorite theme could be improved when used with Eventbrite, let us know!
- Eventbrite Single Event
- Eventbrite Multi Event
- Twenty Fifteen
- Twenty Fourteen
- Twenty Thirteen
- Twenty Twelve
- Twenty Eleven
- Twenty Ten
Eventbrite Single Event theme
The Eventbrite Single Event theme is perfect for your conference, show, concert, meetup, or gathering of any kind where you want to be able to sell tickets and or manage registrations. Connect your site with Eventbrite and select the event you wish to showcase. Build a site to create excitement before your shindig — priming your audience to have a fantastic time — and stay connected after the event.
Single Event Theme Custom features include:
- Event Info page — A page dedicated to event information, including time, date, and place for the Featured event.
- Attend Event page — A page where participants can register for/buy tickets to your event.
The Eventbrite Single Event theme comes with an Eventbrite Register/Ticket widget. Add this widget to your sidebar and it will display a styled Click to Action button for your users:
We also have an Eventbrite Introduction widget that you can add some text to and add a link to the Action button:
Eventbrite Multi Event theme
The Eventbrite Multi Event theme is great for organizations or venues that host events on a regular basis. Create an event on Eventbrite, connect your site with Eventbrite, and select the events you wish to showcase. Attendees can register to attend or purchase tickets right from your website. The theme is great for creating excitement before your shindig — priming your audience to have a fantastic time — and stay connected after the event via social sharing and post-gig comments.
Multi-Event Theme Custom features include:
- An events list page — display all your upcoming events on a single page.
- A featured events page — select events you wish to highlight in a rotating carousel.
- A calendar page — display your events on a month-by-month calendar.