Images are a great way to enhance your WordPress.com blog, and adding and managing them is easy.
There are a lot of things you can do with images, so we’ve broken them down into several pages:
- Uploading Images – All about getting images into your posts and pages from your computer, the web, and the Media Library.
- Image Settings – Add a title or a caption to your images. Includes where to find basic info about your image like the permanent link, image dimensions, and file type.
- Editing Images – Is your image upside down or a little too big? This is a guide on how to crop, rotate, and scale your images.
- Galleries and Slideshows – Display your images in a gallery or slideshow.
- Image Optimization – When you decrease the file size for images before you insert them, uploads and pages will load faster.
- Troubleshooting – Are your images not uploading? Here are some tips for getting them to work!
- Finding Free Images and other Media – Need a public domain or copyleft image for your site? Here are some suggestions on where to find them!
Accepted Image file types
You can upload the following image types to a post or page on your WordPress.com blog:
Maximum file size
We’ve had good success with file sizes up to 1 GB. Remember, uploading big files can take a long time!