Import »Import from GoDaddy Quick Blogcast
This page explains how to import your blog from GoDaddy Quick Blogcast to WordPress.com, and set things up on your new WordPress.com site just the way you’d like them.
Step One: Sign up for an account at WordPress.com
If you don’t already have an account here on WordPress.com, head over to the home page and get started! You will need to create a WordPress.com username and a blog address for your Quick Blogcast import.
Step Two: Create a Quick Blog export file.
In your GoDaddy Quick Blogcast dashboard, navigate to Blog > Export posts, as follows:
Select all of the options for export, and save the file as shown below:
Step Three: Import your content
To bring your Quick Blogcast content to WordPress.com, go to your WordPress.com blog’s Dashboard (accessible in the drop-down menu under your blog’s name in the admin bar) and in the left-hand column of the Dashboard, go to Tools → Import. Choose the “GoDaddy Quick Blogcast” option. From there, find the file you just exported from Quick Blogcast and upload the file:
In the last step you can assign authors to your new WordPress.com blog:
After that, you should be all set, with your content now on WordPress.com.
Step Four: Start using WordPress and create your own unique style
- Learn about WordPress There’s a great tutorial just for new users at Learn.WordPress.com, which walks you through the basics of setup, importing, customizing your blog, and posting. There are also tutorials to assist you with changing your blog title and getting the right look for your blog, as well as more in-depth topics such as using WordPress on mobile devices.
- Customize your theme and design You can customize the design of your site by picking one of 200+ themes. If you purchase the Custom Design upgrade, you can also modify your new WordPress.com blog’s colors, fonts and even your CSS if you choose.
- Post to your blog by email To post by email, you just need to generate an email address for your blog within your dashboard and then you can get started right away. Our post by email document will walk you through the process. You can add galleries, tags, videos, slideshows, polls, and so much more, all via email!
- Add audio to your WordPress.com blog You can add mp3 files to your blog by in a number of ways; using a handy shortcode, the SoundCloud player, or alternatively, to upload an audio file directly to your blog’s media library you can grab the Space Upgrade, included in the WordPress.com Premium and WordPress.com Business plans.
- Add video to your WordPress.com blog We currently support adding videos from a variety of sources, such as YouTube, Vimeo, Ted, Flickr and many more. Furthermore, you can get the VideoPress feature, included in the WordPress.com Premium and WordPress.com Business plans, which enables you to upload your own videos directly to your blog.
- Upload or embed other file types WordPress.com has support for a multitude of filetypes. Additionally, you can embed documents for viewing within your posts using a service like Cloudup.
I'm still stuck!
If you’re having trouble with any part of the process, don’t hesitate to contact our Happiness Team. We’re here to help!