iChat is an instant messaging application that makes it easy to stay in touch with friends and family using text and video.
Setting up iChat
- Open the Preferences window by pressing ⌘, (command + comma) or clicking Preferences in the iChat menu.
- On the Accounts page, in the lower left-hand corner, click the + button.
- Expand the Server Options section and fill in the form this way:
- Account Type: Jabber Account
- Account Name: enter your full Jabber ID. (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Password: enter your WordPress.com password.
- Server: leave blank for automatic discovery (or use xmpp.wordpress.com)
- Port: 5222
- Do not check the boxes for SSL and Kerberos.
- Click Done.
If iChat does not immediately take your new account online, make sure the account is enabled and then find it in the iChat menu under Accounts. Find the Jabber List window in the Window menu and change the status from Offline to Available. Make note of any status messages in case you need help.
- Clicking Add Buddy in the Buddies menu. Enter an Account Name of email@example.com and click Add. (If you have multiple Jabber accounts online, be sure you are adding the bot to your im.wordpress.com account.)
- Open a chat window by double-clicking the bot in your buddy list. Say “hello”. The bot will reply with instructions to help you subscribe to blogs and comments.