Pidgin is an easy to use and free chat client used by millions. Connect to AIM, MSN, Yahoo, and more chat networks all at once.
Setting up Pidgin
- Open the Add Account window.
- Fill out the Basic page this way:
- Protocol: XMPP
- Username: enter your WordPress.com user name
- Domain: im.wordpress.com
- Resource: leave blank
- Password: enter your WordPress.com password
- Don’t worry about anything under Advanced.
You may also enable “Remember password”.
- Click Add. Close the Accounts window.
If Pidgin does not immediately take your new account online, ensure the account is enabled in the Accounts window and try changing your status to Available. Make note of any error messages in case you need help.
- In the Buddies menu click Add Buddy. Enter a username of email@example.com and click Add. (If you have multiple Jabber accounts online, be sure you are adding the bot to your im.wordpress.com account.) When prompted for authorization for the bot to see you online, click Authorize.
- Open a chat window by double-clicking the bot in your contact list. Say “hello”. The bot will reply with instructions to help you subscribe to blogs and comments.