Psi is a free instant messaging application designed for the XMPP network.
Setting up Psi
- Open the Account Setup window by clicking it in the General menu.
- Enter any name you want for the new account, then click Add.
- Fill out the Account page this way:
- Jabber ID: enter your WordPress.com user name followed by “@im.wordpress.com” (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Password: enter your WordPress.com password.
- Click Save. Close the Accounts window.
If Psi does not immediately take your new account online, right-click the account name in the status window and change the Status to Online. Make note of any error messages in case you need help.
- Click the General menu and then click your account under “Add a contact”. Enter a Jabber ID of email@example.com and click Add. (If you have multiple Jabber accounts online, be sure you are adding the bot to your im.wordpress.com account.)
- Open a chat window by double-clicking the bot in your contact list. Say “hello”. The bot will reply with instructions to help you subscribe to blogs and comments.