Note: The instructions from this guide are referring to the WP Admin dashboard. You can get to this dashboard by adding
/wp-adminto the end of your site’s url (e.g.: example.wordpress.com/wp-admin)
Using the Media Explorer in WP Admin, you can now insert tweets and YouTube videos without ever leaving WordPress.
This tool lets you search Twitter and YouTube from inside the “Insert Media” window in your WordPress.com Dashboard, which makes it easy to find and embed relevant Tweets and videos in your posts and pages.
To open the Media Explorer, click the “Add Media” media button.
Search and Embed from Twitter
Search Twitter directly and embed Tweets in your posts and pages with a single click!
Click the “Add Media” button as you would normally do to insert an image, and look for the “Insert Tweet” option in the sidebar:
Across the top of the search window, you’ll see several options for how to search:
- All — search for your term in the content of tweets, as well as in Twitter hashtags and usernames;
- With Hashtag — search for tweets with a specific hashtag;
- By User — search for tweets by a certain user (search by Twitter username);
- To User — search for tweets that reply to or mention a certain user (search by Twitter username); or
- By Location — search for tweets that are “geotagged” with a certain location (the search field will detect your current location, but you can search for any location).
Select the Tweet you want to embed, click “Insert,” and the Tweet will be automatically embedded in your post:
For additional display options, check out this support document on how to use the Twitter shortcode to modify the width, language, and more.
Search and Embed from YouTube
You can also search YouTube and easily embed videos and playlists. Click the “Add Media” button as you would normally do to insert an image, and look for the “Insert YouTube” option in the sidebar:
Across the top of the search window, you’ll see two options for how to search:
- All — search for your term in the content of videos and playlists, as well as in YouTube usernames; or
- By User — search for a certain YouTube username.
Select the video or playlist you’d like to embed and click Insert. The link will be added to your post, which will automatically embed the chosen video:
You can customize the video’s appearance using the YouTube shortcode; see this support document for details.