Mesh lets you create photo galleries, effortlessly.
Sometimes you have a phone full of images that you’d like to group in a gallery: a wedding, a spring hike, a birthday party. Mesh provides a way to turn your photos into a slideshow with just a few taps on your mobile device. You can then share them via a link that can be posted anywhere and to anyone: via text, email, Twitter, Facebook, and, yes, WordPress.com.
Mesh gallery slideshows can be embedded directly into WordPress.com posts and pages by pasting the Mesh gallery URL on its own line in the edit screen.
- To embed a Mesh gallery, open your Mesh app and tap to select one of your galleries:
- Tap the Share button in the app, then copy the URL of the gallery:
- Paste the URL on its own line in a WordPress.com post or page:
- Publish the post and see the embedded Mesh gallery:
- Here’s how the gallery will display:
Steps 1 & 2 can be taken to share your Mesh gallery links anywhere you’d like, including via email, text messages, and social networks like Facebook and Twitter. In general, the link will not embed as it does on WordPress.com, but will be a link that your friends, family, and followers can click to visit your Mesh gallery. Facebook, however, will show a preview of the gallery.
For further reading: Mesh: A New Way to Share Photo Galleries
For information about troubleshooting Mesh gallery embed links, take a look at our Troubleshooting Embed Links doc.