Modules are boxes that can be moved around on the screen, closed to save space, or hidden completely. See Screen Options for instructions on hiding or showing modules.
We can close modules until they are needed and to save space in the interface. Move your mouse to the upper right corner of a module and click the triangle that appears.
The module will close to a single bar.
Click the triangle (or anywhere on the bar) again to open the module back up.
You can use drag and drop to move most of the modules around the screen. If you hover your mouse over the gray bar of a module you’ll notice the 4 arrow cursor appears to let you know it can be moved. Start dragging the module to a new location.
As you drag the module, notice the dotted gray box that also moves. This box indicates where the module will be placed when you release the mouse button.
When the box is showing in the correct location, let go of the mouse button, and the module will be saved in the new location.
List of Modules
The modules that can be moved and closed are:
- Dashboard – Right Now, Recent Comments, Your Stuff, What’s Hot, QuickPress, Recent Drafts, Stats
- Post – Likes and Shares, Format*, Categories, Tags, Excerpt, Send Trackbacks, Discussion, Comments**, Slug, Author***, Revisions, Writing Helper
- Page – Likes and Shares, Page Attributes, Featured Image, Discussion, Comments**, Page Revisions, Slug, Author, Revisions, Writing Helper
- Link – Categories, Target, Relationship (XFN), Advanced
* Format module is displayed if the theme supports post formats.
** The comments module will only displayed if the Post has comments.
*** The Author module will only display if the site has more than one user.