Purchases made on WordPress.com can be canceled and refunded during the refund period:
- Domain registrations can be canceled within 48 hours of registration.
- Plans and other purchases can be canceled within 30 days of purchasing.
- If you used the domain credit to register a new domain as part of your plan, and the refund period for the registration has lapsed, the cost of the registration will be subtracted from your refund.
- If you used the domain credit to map an existing domain, or if you are canceling within the refund period for the registration, you will receive a full refund.
For refunds regarding renewals, please contact support.
How do I request a refund?
- If you are within the refund period, head to your Manage Purchases page. This page can be accessed through your Me page in the “Manage Purchases” section of the left sidebar.
- Find the upgrade you’d like to refund in the list and select Cancel and Refund.
- A confirmation page will appear. Select the Cancel Domain and Refund button to proceed.
- To complete the cancellation, click the Yes, Cancel Now
For a domain cancellation, you will be asked to choose a reason for cancellation, and to confirm that you may lose the domain forever upon cancellation. Be sure to check the box before clicking Cancel Domain
- You should see this message at the top of your Manage Purchases page if your cancellation was successful.
You should also receive an email containing the refund information.
How will you refund my payment?
You will be refunded to the same payment method you used for your purchase. After processing, refunds usually take about a week to appear on your statement. For credit card refunds, it may take 5-7 business days to appear on your online bank account or in 1-2 billing statements.
I never got the cancellation email!
- Make sure you’re checking the right inbox. The email will be sent to the address listed in your Account Settings.
email@example.com your contact list to whitelist our emails.
- Contact support to cancel and refund the upgrade for you.
I don't recognize this charge!
Charges from WordPress.com will have “WordPress” or “WPCHRG.com” listed on your billing statement. If you are unsure what this charge was for, you can search for more information and/or contact Billing Support here.