Download links are great, but embedding and publishing an actual document into a post or page may be much more valuable to you and your readers.
If you still wish to use Scribd instead of Cloudup, instructions on how to do so are available below:
To get started, first create a Scribd account at http://www.scribd.com/. You can then continue with the following steps:
- Once you have created and activated your account, login and click on the Upload button in your navigation.
- Select the file or files you would like to upload, or drag them into the upload window.
- When the upload is complete a screen will appear where you can change options for the document:
- When you’ve added the details, click Save & Continue in the bottom right corner, and you’ll be given some sharing options. Do NOT use the embed code on this screen. Rather, click You’re done. View document on Scribd.
- When you view the document, you’ll see a Share on social networks icon to the top right, which, when clicked will give you an Embed button:
- Underneath the embed window, click the WordPress option and copy the resulting shortcode:
- Paste that shortcode into the editor for any post or page.
The embed will look like this in your post or page:
You can embed any Scribd document in the same way — simply click Share on social networks→Embed→WordPress and copy the WordPress-specific code.
Note: If you are experience any problems when uploading or managing your documents on Scribd, please contact Scribd Support.