WordPress.com has its own URL shortening feature, wp.me, so that you can quickly and easily get shortlinks to your blog posts/pages and share them with the world.
Shortlink from the new Post/Page Editor
- Go to Blog Posts/Pages (Add) or open a previously published post in the editor.
- Expand “Sharing” section from the left column.
- Copy the link and share with the world! (Shortlink will only be visible for posts that are published.)
Shortlink from Post/Page Editor
- Go to Posts/Pages -> Add New or open an existing post/page in editing mode.
- Directly under the title field, next to the post/page Permalink, you will see the Get Shortlink button.
- Click Get Shortlink and a dialog box will appear with the post/page’s shortlink. Copy it and share it with the world.
Shortlink from Action Bar
Viewing a particular post or page? Get its shortlink from the new Action Bar. Look for it at the bottom-right of the screen.
- Go to an individual post or page.
- Click the three “dots” that appear at the bottom-right. If you don’t see them, just scroll up a bit.
- “Copy shortlink” and share it away!
Why use wp.me?
Sure, the functionality is the same as other URL shortening services, but WP.me is different in a few ways:
- Every blog and post on WordPress.com has a WP.me URL now.
- These are all exposed in the <head> using rel=shortlink.
- It doesn’t work for any URL in the world, just WordPress.com-hosted ones.
- The links are permanent, they will work as long as WordPress.com is around.
- WP.me is spam-free, because we are constantly monitoring and removing spam from WordPress.com.