Widgets »Gallery Widget
The Gallery widget provides you with a simple way to display a photo gallery or slideshow in your blog’s sidebar.
Here’s an example of what it looks like:
Once you add the widget to your sidebar from your Customizer → Widgets, you’ll see that the widget settings look like this:
- Title: The title to be displayed above the gallery in your sidebar.
- Images: The images to be displayed in the gallery. You can click on Choose Images to select the images for your gallery.
- Link To:
- Carousel: A full-size carousel that allows visitors to scroll through the entire gallery one image at a time.
- Attachment Page: A specialized page in your blog that shows the image in your selected theme.
- Media File: A direct link to the full-size uploaded image.
- The “Link to” option does not apply to slideshows.
- Random Order: You can check this box for your images to be displayed in a random order in the gallery.
- Style: Select a gallery style here. The options for gallery style are Tiles, Square Tiles, Circles, or Slideshow.
Choose Images for Your Gallery
- Click on Choose Images in the widget settings to select the images for your gallery.
- To add images from your hard drive, drag and drop your files into the box that appears, or click Select Files to choose a picture from your computer to upload.
- To add images that are already in your Media Library, click on Add to Gallery on the left. Select any additional images you’d like to include in your gallery or slideshow by clicking on them. When you are finished, click the Add to Gallery button in the lower right.
- When you have uploaded and added all of your images, you can add captions or drag and drop to reorder them. When you are finished, click the Insert Gallery button in the lower right.
- Your gallery is ready! Select the widget settings for your gallery, click Save, and then visit your website to see your new Gallery Widget.
Examples of Gallery Styles
This is how each type of gallery style looks in the gallery widget:
Gallery Style: Tiles
Gallery Style: Square Tiles
Gallery Style: Circles
Gallery Style: Slideshow